We're not shy of some turmeric around here that's true. In fact, we've been known to have up to 6 midas cUps a day...much easier to swallow than a handful of vitamins.
Which is how we've proven (though we're a small sample size) that midas cUp is pretty powerful at combatting IBS, PMS, and sugar cravings.
But don't take our word for it.
Here are 15 reasons, according to science, to have a midas cUp a day:
- Turmeric is anti-inflammatory. It's believed that chronic inflammation is responsible for metabolic disease, cancer, heart disease,
- Turmeric is best absorbed with black pepper.
- At risk of heart disease? There's a plethora of evidence to show turmeric's protective effect on myocardial infarction; ginger and cardamom too.
- Midas cUp is full of antioxidants. Antioxidants get in there and clean up all the damage we do to ourselves on a daily basis. Be it pollution, diet or stress; we cause damage to cells in the body, this creates 'free radicals'. Which, as their name suggests, are wild little things that cause mess and destruction in the body and they're 'free' to do whatever they want...that is until antioxidants come along and clean them all up. The thing is, we need a variety of antioxidants from different sources, brightly coloured veggies and fruits, and spices - such as turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon.
- Ginger is shown to have anticancer, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginger has been proven to prevent post-op and chemotherapy-related nausea and vomiting.
- Morning sickness? Ginger's your spice, girl.
- Cinnamon, turmeric and ginger have been shown to be beneficial when treating Alzheimer's disease.
- Cinnamon and ginger (both in midas cUp) have been shown to lower blood sugar, reducing your risk of diabetes.
- Ginger has been shown to reduce indigestion.
- Turmeric may improve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
- PMS? Ginger has been shown to be as effective as ibuprofen when treating dysmenorrhea.
- Arthritis is common amongst the elderly, and guess what? Turmeric has been shown to be more effective than a prescription drug.
- Replace the anti-depressants for turmeric.
- Our favourite...cinnamon has been demonstrated to reduce sugar cravings. That's due to its ability to increase insulin sensitivity.