Huge thanks to Jaclyn from Physio2Function for bringing us this life changing smoothie bowl. Doesn't get much better than this...
"Since having gut health issues and a truck lot of low grade allergies, those that know me know what a huge lover of all things turmeric i am 💛💛
“ Turmeric a day keep the doctor away”
Well, that's my motto anyway, and that coupled with healthy diet full of variety also does the trick"
...so she put together this amazingness for us.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup of Japanese pumpkin, roasted
- 1 banana
- 1 Tbs of midas cUp
- 1 Tbs of ground flax meal
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla bean powder
- 1 Tbs of almond butter or cashew butter (I mix it up, depending which I have made fresh that week)
- 1 generous Tbs of slippery elm bark powder
- 2 cups of home made almond milk
- 1 tiny dash sweeter only if you need - either a drop of maple syrup, 1 tsp of rice malt syrup or 2 medajool dates but not much! Let the healthy flavour of pumpkin, banana and the spices come to life without the sugar hit.
- Whizz it all up in the blender and top it with toppings
My favourites are hemp seeds for some omega 3 & 6’s, almonds - whole or sliced, a little chopped banana, pecans...the list and choices goes on.