We love anything turmeric, you know that. So when our friend Victoria posted this we just had to share.
Turmeric Fried Eggs
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Ground turmeric (or Midas Cup) (roughly 1 pinch per egg)
- 2 free range eggs
- Heat olive oil in a small fry pan over a medium-high heat.
- Once oil is hot, sprinkle in a small shaking of ground turmeric, then crack your eggs directly on top of the turmeric/oil.
- Allow the eggs to fry at a high heat, until whites become golden, crispy and cooked through, which will take roughly 2 minutes. If you're like me and prefer your yolks a little more set, carefully flip your eggs and fry for about 10 seconds to seal the top.
- Remove eggs to plate using a spatula, and sprinkle with sea salt flakes and freshly cracked black pepper.
You can use the remaining oil/heat to wilt down a massive handful of spinach/greens or sauté some left over veggies, to go with your eggs. They also go sooooooo well with avocado.
For more of Victoria's recipes, head to her blog.