Winter calls for anything warm and nourishing. Like this soup for the soul.
This recipe was sent by one of our lovely customers, who we're now calling 'Soup Kween'.
Nickie's Winter Soup
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped roughly
- 1/4 pumpkin, chopped roughly
- 1/2 bulb fennel, chopped roughly
- 1/2 cauliflower, chopped roughly
- 2 Tbs Midas Cup
- 2.5L water
- 1 cup split red lentils
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan or pot, soften the onion and cook till transparent, adding the carrots, then stirring for 2-3 mins, to let soften slightly. Be careful not to burn the onion.
- Add all remaining vegetables and water, bring to the boil and cook for 30 minutes, or until all the veggies are soft.
- Using a hand mixer, mix until relatively smooth - some chunks are nice for texture, so it's up to you here. If you choose to use a blender, we recommend waiting until the soup cools down.
- Return to heat and add 1 cup of split red lentils, simmer for another 30 mins, then serve.
NOTE: roasting the cauliflower and fennel adds another layer of flavour, though we like to keep things simple.