With winter in full swing down under, it's time to fuel up on some immune boosting meals to keep colds at bay.
And who can go past a big delicious, warming, nourishing bowl of porridge?! Yum.
Turmeric Oats w Caramelised Banana
- 1/4 cup organic oats (we used steel cut)
- 1 cup coconut milk (or your preferred)
- 1 small banana
- 1 tsp honey or rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 date
- Put the oats and milk in a saucepan and bring to a simmer, let cook for 10 minutes, or until your desired thickness. Option: toast the oats lightly on a dry saucepan before adding milk, this helps to give a bit more texture.
- While the oats are cooking. Slice banana lengthways, and put on a tray under the grill. Keep a close eye on the banana and remove when it's nice and caramelised.
- To serve, arrange banana, chia, dates, and any honey or syrup.
Simple, easy, warming, delicious.
And if you're not in the midst of winter then try these overnight oats which can be eaten cold!
Pic via Alanna from bojongourmet.com