There's something about winter that makes me just want to curl up on the couch and drink tea. Turmeric tea, obviously.
So we're sharing our favourite of all the recipes we've stumbled across, and some seriously delicious research.
Coconut & Ginger Tea
- ¼cup finely grated unsweetened coconut
- 2-3 tsp minced ginger
- 2 ½ cups boiling water
- For each serve: 1-2 tsp honey-turmeric paste
- For each serve: 1-2 tsp fresh lime juice, to taste
- ½ tsp midas cUp
- 2 Tbs honey
Turmeric & Honey paste
- Place the coconut and ginger in a large pyrex measuring cup or teapot and pour on the boiling water. Cover and allow to steep for 30 minutes or longer. Strain into another measuring cup, a bowl or a teapot and press the coconut against the strainer to extract all the flavorful liquid.
- Reheat the tonic and pour into cups. Stir in turmeric paste and lime to taste to each serving.
Lemon & Turmeric Tonic
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs midas cup
- 3 cups boiling water
- Coconut oil, to serve
- Place all ingredients in a glass jar, warm the glass prior to pouring the boiling water in. Stir to dissolve the honey.
- Let sit for 24 hours to infuse. After the 24 hours, place in the fridge.
- Drink 50mL daily, with a teaspoon of coconut oil.
Turmeric and Green Tea
- 1 tsp midas cUp
- 1 green teabag
- 1 cup hot, almost boiling, water
- Simply add everything to a mug and drink.